In a rich text message, I can't remove any styling in the active selection after clicking the "Remove Formatting" toolbar icon.
* STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. With r17089 , login to your Gmail account
2. Create a new rich text message
3. Type a sentence in the message body field
4. Select this entire sentence and click on B, I , or U . Verify this styling is applied to this sentence
5. With the selection still applied to this text, click on "Remove Formatting" toolbar icon.
6. Notice the styling is NOT removed from the selected text.
Styling should be removed from the selected text but isn't
Basically, any styled text I have selected will not have it's style removed which includes: Italic, Bold, Underline, background color, text color, font face, font size, indented text, aligned text, and lists.
With FF 188.8.131.52, clicking "Remove Formatting" removes all styling from the selected text regardless.
This is filed as <rdar://problem/4786286>
Fixed in r17337.