Bug 195492

Summary: Implement a new design for JetStream2
Product: WebKit Reporter: Jon Davis <jond>
Component: JavaScriptCoreAssignee: Jon Davis <jond>
Status: RESOLVED FIXED    
Severity: Normal CC: cdumez, commit-queue, ews-watchlist, rniwa, sbarati, webkit-bug-importer
Priority: P2 Keywords: InRadar
Version: WebKit Nightly Build   
Hardware: Unspecified   
OS: Unspecified   
Attachments:
Description Flags
Patch
none
Patch none

Description Jon Davis 2019-03-08 16:15:49 PST
Create and implement a new design for the JetStream 2 benchmark.
Comment 1 Jon Davis 2019-03-08 16:49:56 PST
Created attachment 364090 [details]
Patch
Comment 2 Saam Barati 2019-03-08 18:55:25 PST
Comment on attachment 364090 [details]
Patch

View in context: https://bugs.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=364090&action=review

> PerformanceTests/ChangeLog:-35
> -        r240358 sets default IDB quota as 50 MB for single test, we need to increase that for big tests. 

Revert

> PerformanceTests/ChangeLog:-370
> -        

Revert

> PerformanceTests/JetStream2/JetStreamDriver.js:-229
> -        let groups = new Map;

I think we need this to support RAMification

> PerformanceTests/JetStream2/about.html:1
> +<!--

Why rename this file? Can we keep it as in-depth? It’s hard to track the changes to this. If you really want to change the name, maybe use “svn my”?

> PerformanceTests/JetStream2/about.html:2
> + Copyright (C) 2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

2019

> PerformanceTests/JetStream2/about.html:39
> +<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="2647" height="120" viewBox="0 0 2647 120"><style>.line {mix-blend-mode: multiply; stroke-dasharray: 2680; stroke-dashoffset: 2680; animation: dash 1.1s ease-in forwards; animation-delay: 400ms;}.line.second {animation-delay: 500ms; animation-duration: 900ms; }.line.third { animation-delay: 600ms; animation-duration: 800ms; }.line.fourth { animation-delay: 700ms; animation-duration: 700ms; }.line.fifth {animation-delay: 800ms; animation-duration: 600ms; }@keyframes dash { to {stroke-dashoffset: 0; }}</style><g fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd" opacity=".8" stroke-dasharray="2680" stroke-linecap="square" stroke="#B9EAFF" stroke-width="5"><path class="line" d="M0.381287582,77.2851563 C45.5977594,100.205019 115.707877,111.66495 210.71164,111.66495 C353.217284,111.66495 433.15655,50.4282334 626.183452,50.4282334 C819.210355,50.4282334 1003.20257,83.2313059 1085.21867,84.6042334 C1167.23478,85.977161 1231.04683,71 1322.53193,71 C1414.01704,71 1405.89836,77.9769045 1469.70623,77.9769045 C1533.51411,77.9769045 1858.0854,41.1147334 1982.42221,41.1152334 C2106.759,41.1157334 2336.34112,96.9169334 2457.44102,96.9169334 C2538.17429,96.9169334 2612.48771,90.6035905 2680.38129,77.9769045"/><path class="line second" d="M0.381287582,77.2851563 C52.8221181,59.380541 115.923899,50.4282334 189.68663,50.4282334 C300.330726,50.4282334 463.775156,77.2851563 587.977497,77.2851563 C712.179836,77.2851563 841.854221,41.1162334 960.608924,41.1157334 C1079.36363,41.1152334 1175.54909,71 1267.0342,71 C1358.5193,71 1486.92586,84.8073502 1579.31596,84.8073502 C1671.70606,84.8073502 1951.64553,37.773825 2091.51218,38.3793587 C2231.37883,38.9848924 2309.70347,76.3864611 2465.75572,78.8007813 C2569.79056,80.410328 2641.3324,76.8419454 2680.38129,68.0956334"/><path class="line third" d="M0.381287582,68.0956334 C46.104713,82.5628758 116.468307,89.796497 211.472071,89.796497 C353.977713,89.796497 569.766201,41.1157334 695.40436,41.1157334 C821.042519,41.1157334 1029.874,71.5221545 1121.3591,71.5221545 C1212.84421,71.5221545 1231.04683,71 1322.53193,71 C1414.01704,71 1470.55153,86.8321594 1614.81651,89.796497 C1759.08149,92.7608346 1917.33862,49.8226997 2057.20527,50.4282334 C2197.07192,51.0337671 2372.16992,114.838073 2475.15354,114.838073 C2543.8093,114.838073 2612.21853,107.48016 2680.38129,92.7643334"/><path class="line fourth" d="M0.381287582,50.4282334 C39.5600335,20.8094111 105.603499,5.66666667 198.511683,5 C337.873959,4 411.779393,89.7993958 588.034245,89.7993958 C764.289095,89.7993958 886.574266,57.2387752 996.542944,57.2387752 C1106.51162,57.2387752 1231.16568,71 1322.65962,71 C1414.15356,71 1447.8544,56.1829752 1541.98759,57.2387752 C1636.12078,58.2945752 1817.26413,89.8073502 1971.66487,89.8073502 C2126.06561,89.8073502 2305.87367,16.3803334 2455.48134,17.3806334 C2555.2198,18.0475001 2629.51978,33.3807334 2678.38129,63.3803334"/><path class="line fifth" d="M0.381287582,50.4282334 C100.711815,28.2065001 198.37896,17.0956334 293.382723,17.0956334 C435.888367,17.0956334 531.07636,67.2833421 716.990501,71.5221545 C902.904641,75.7609669 1020.95162,46.3806334 1100.3489,46.3806334 C1179.74619,46.3806334 1250.52195,71 1342.00705,71 C1433.49216,71 1503.60201,41.3248334 1597.7261,42.3806334 C1691.8502,43.4364334 1891.84425,89.1938621 2031.7109,89.7993958 C2171.57755,90.4049295 2341.72526,52.2362334 2469.03608,52.2362334 C2553.90996,52.2362334 2624.35836,59.7595397 2680.38129,74.8061523"/><path class="line third" d="M0.381287582,63.3803334 C29.9004627,42.0463503 86.1138292,31.3793587 169.021387,31.3793587 C293.382723,31.3793587 530.433313,103.701906 703.857385,103.731049 C877.281458,103.760193 1001.04857,58.6844334 1102.10823,59.8364334 C1203.1679,60.9884334 1231.04683,71 1322.53193,71 C1414.01704,71 1625.37248,44.1157334 1733.57121,44.1157334 C1841.76995,44.1157334 1984.50341,75.8774804 2102.06815,76.3864611 C2219.6329,76.8954417 2348.05336,31.3793587 2475.36419,31.3793587 C2531.94676,31.3793587 2600.2858,43.232817 2680.38129,66.9397334"/></g></svg>

Is this the same as is in index.html? Can we make it a different file?
Comment 3 Jon Davis 2019-03-13 17:31:19 PDT
Comment on attachment 364090 [details]
Patch

View in context: https://bugs.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=364090&action=review

>> PerformanceTests/JetStream2/JetStreamDriver.js:-229
>> -        let groups = new Map;
> 
> I think we need this to support RAMification

I need more explanation for this.

>> PerformanceTests/JetStream2/about.html:1
>> +<!--
> 
> Why rename this file? Can we keep it as in-depth? It’s hard to track the changes to this. If you really want to change the name, maybe use “svn my”?

To me in-depth.html seemed weird. ARES-6 uses about.html, and MotionMark uses about.html. Speedometer uses a "showAbout()" script. I do see the original JetStream used in-depth.html. Otherwise, I don't have strong convictions except to bring the benchmarks into some uniformity.

>> PerformanceTests/JetStream2/about.html:2
>> + Copyright (C) 2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
> 
> 2019

Will update.

>> PerformanceTests/JetStream2/about.html:39
>> +<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="2647" height="120" viewBox="0 0 2647 120"><style>.line {mix-blend-mode: multiply; stroke-dasharray: 2680; stroke-dashoffset: 2680; animation: dash 1.1s ease-in forwards; animation-delay: 400ms;}.line.second {animation-delay: 500ms; animation-duration: 900ms; }.line.third { animation-delay: 600ms; animation-duration: 800ms; }.line.fourth { animation-delay: 700ms; animation-duration: 700ms; }.line.fifth {animation-delay: 800ms; animation-duration: 600ms; }@keyframes dash { to {stroke-dashoffset: 0; }}</style><g fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd" opacity=".8" stroke-dasharray="2680" stroke-linecap="square" stroke="#B9EAFF" stroke-width="5"><path class="line" d="M0.381287582,77.2851563 C45.5977594,100.205019 115.707877,111.66495 210.71164,111.66495 C353.217284,111.66495 433.15655,50.4282334 626.183452,50.4282334 C819.210355,50.4282334 1003.20257,83.2313059 1085.21867,84.6042334 C1167.23478,85.977161 1231.04683,71 1322.53193,71 C1414.01704,71 1405.89836,77.9769045 1469.70623,77.9769045 C1533.51411,77.9769045 1858.0854,41.1147334 1982.42221,41.1152334 C2106.759,41.1157334 2336.34112,96.9169334 2457.44102,96.9169334 C2538.17429,96.9169334 2612.48771,90.6035905 2680.38129,77.9769045"/><path class="line second" d="M0.381287582,77.2851563 C52.8221181,59.380541 115.923899,50.4282334 189.68663,50.4282334 C300.330726,50.4282334 463.775156,77.2851563 587.977497,77.2851563 C712.179836,77.2851563 841.854221,41.1162334 960.608924,41.1157334 C1079.36363,41.1152334 1175.54909,71 1267.0342,71 C1358.5193,71 1486.92586,84.8073502 1579.31596,84.8073502 C1671.70606,84.8073502 1951.64553,37.773825 2091.51218,38.3793587 C2231.37883,38.9848924 2309.70347,76.3864611 2465.75572,78.8007813 C2569.79056,80.410328 2641.3324,76.8419454 2680.38129,68.0956334"/><path class="line third" d="M0.381287582,68.0956334 C46.104713,82.5628758 116.468307,89.796497 211.472071,89.796497 C353.977713,89.796497 569.766201,41.1157334 695.40436,41.1157334 C821.042519,41.1157334 1029.874,71.5221545 1121.3591,71.5221545 C1212.84421,71.5221545 1231.04683,71 1322.53193,71 C1414.01704,71 1470.55153,86.8321594 1614.81651,89.796497 C1759.08149,92.7608346 1917.33862,49.8226997 2057.20527,50.4282334 C2197.07192,51.0337671 2372.16992,114.838073 2475.15354,114.838073 C2543.8093,114.838073 2612.21853,107.48016 2680.38129,92.7643334"/><path class="line fourth" d="M0.381287582,50.4282334 C39.5600335,20.8094111 105.603499,5.66666667 198.511683,5 C337.873959,4 411.779393,89.7993958 588.034245,89.7993958 C764.289095,89.7993958 886.574266,57.2387752 996.542944,57.2387752 C1106.51162,57.2387752 1231.16568,71 1322.65962,71 C1414.15356,71 1447.8544,56.1829752 1541.98759,57.2387752 C1636.12078,58.2945752 1817.26413,89.8073502 1971.66487,89.8073502 C2126.06561,89.8073502 2305.87367,16.3803334 2455.48134,17.3806334 C2555.2198,18.0475001 2629.51978,33.3807334 2678.38129,63.3803334"/><path class="line fifth" d="M0.381287582,50.4282334 C100.711815,28.2065001 198.37896,17.0956334 293.382723,17.0956334 C435.888367,17.0956334 531.07636,67.2833421 716.990501,71.5221545 C902.904641,75.7609669 1020.95162,46.3806334 1100.3489,46.3806334 C1179.74619,46.3806334 1250.52195,71 1342.00705,71 C1433.49216,71 1503.60201,41.3248334 1597.7261,42.3806334 C1691.8502,43.4364334 1891.84425,89.1938621 2031.7109,89.7993958 C2171.57755,90.4049295 2341.72526,52.2362334 2469.03608,52.2362334 C2553.90996,52.2362334 2624.35836,59.7595397 2680.38129,74.8061523"/><path class="line third" d="M0.381287582,63.3803334 C29.9004627,42.0463503 86.1138292,31.3793587 169.021387,31.3793587 C293.382723,31.3793587 530.433313,103.701906 703.857385,103.731049 C877.281458,103.760193 1001.04857,58.6844334 1102.10823,59.8364334 C1203.1679,60.9884334 1231.04683,71 1322.53193,71 C1414.01704,71 1625.37248,44.1157334 1733.57121,44.1157334 C1841.76995,44.1157334 1984.50341,75.8774804 2102.06815,76.3864611 C2219.6329,76.8954417 2348.05336,31.3793587 2475.36419,31.3793587 C2531.94676,31.3793587 2600.2858,43.232817 2680.38129,66.9397334"/></g></svg>
> 
> Is this the same as is in index.html? Can we make it a different file?

This is the same. If loaded as an external file the animation will only run once. Inline (per Said's recommendation), it will run the animation on every load.
Comment 4 Saam Barati 2019-03-13 17:55:06 PDT
Comment on attachment 364090 [details]
Patch

View in context: https://bugs.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=364090&action=review

>>> PerformanceTests/JetStream2/about.html:1
>>> +<!--
>> 
>> Why rename this file? Can we keep it as in-depth? It’s hard to track the changes to this. If you really want to change the name, maybe use “svn my”?
> 
> To me in-depth.html seemed weird. ARES-6 uses about.html, and MotionMark uses about.html. Speedometer uses a "showAbout()" script. I do see the original JetStream used in-depth.html. Otherwise, I don't have strong convictions except to bring the benchmarks into some uniformity.

Ok. Did you use `svn mv` to rename this? It'd be nice to be able to see what changes you made to this file in diff form.

>>> PerformanceTests/JetStream2/about.html:39
>>> +<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="2647" height="120" viewBox="0 0 2647 120"><style>.line {mix-blend-mode: multiply; stroke-dasharray: 2680; stroke-dashoffset: 2680; animation: dash 1.1s ease-in forwards; animation-delay: 400ms;}.line.second {animation-delay: 500ms; animation-duration: 900ms; }.line.third { animation-delay: 600ms; animation-duration: 800ms; }.line.fourth { animation-delay: 700ms; animation-duration: 700ms; }.line.fifth {animation-delay: 800ms; animation-duration: 600ms; }@keyframes dash { to {stroke-dashoffset: 0; }}</style><g fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd" opacity=".8" stroke-dasharray="2680" stroke-linecap="square" stroke="#B9EAFF" stroke-width="5"><path class="line" d="M0.381287582,77.2851563 C45.5977594,100.205019 115.707877,111.66495 210.71164,111.66495 C353.217284,111.66495 433.15655,50.4282334 626.183452,50.4282334 C819.210355,50.4282334 1003.20257,83.2313059 1085.21867,84.6042334 C1167.23478,85.977161 1231.04683,71 1322.53193,71 C1414.01704,71 1405.89836,77.9769045 1469.70623,77.9769045 C1533.51411,77.9769045 1858.0854,41.1147334 1982.42221,41.1152334 C2106.759,41.1157334 2336.34112,96.9169334 2457.44102,96.9169334 C2538.17429,96.9169334 2612.48771,90.6035905 2680.38129,77.9769045"/><path class="line second" d="M0.381287582,77.2851563 C52.8221181,59.380541 115.923899,50.4282334 189.68663,50.4282334 C300.330726,50.4282334 463.775156,77.2851563 587.977497,77.2851563 C712.179836,77.2851563 841.854221,41.1162334 960.608924,41.1157334 C1079.36363,41.1152334 1175.54909,71 1267.0342,71 C1358.5193,71 1486.92586,84.8073502 1579.31596,84.8073502 C1671.70606,84.8073502 1951.64553,37.773825 2091.51218,38.3793587 C2231.37883,38.9848924 2309.70347,76.3864611 2465.75572,78.8007813 C2569.79056,80.410328 2641.3324,76.8419454 2680.38129,68.0956334"/><path class="line third" d="M0.381287582,68.0956334 C46.104713,82.5628758 116.468307,89.796497 211.472071,89.796497 C353.977713,89.796497 569.766201,41.1157334 695.40436,41.1157334 C821.042519,41.1157334 1029.874,71.5221545 1121.3591,71.5221545 C1212.84421,71.5221545 1231.04683,71 1322.53193,71 C1414.01704,71 1470.55153,86.8321594 1614.81651,89.796497 C1759.08149,92.7608346 1917.33862,49.8226997 2057.20527,50.4282334 C2197.07192,51.0337671 2372.16992,114.838073 2475.15354,114.838073 C2543.8093,114.838073 2612.21853,107.48016 2680.38129,92.7643334"/><path class="line fourth" d="M0.381287582,50.4282334 C39.5600335,20.8094111 105.603499,5.66666667 198.511683,5 C337.873959,4 411.779393,89.7993958 588.034245,89.7993958 C764.289095,89.7993958 886.574266,57.2387752 996.542944,57.2387752 C1106.51162,57.2387752 1231.16568,71 1322.65962,71 C1414.15356,71 1447.8544,56.1829752 1541.98759,57.2387752 C1636.12078,58.2945752 1817.26413,89.8073502 1971.66487,89.8073502 C2126.06561,89.8073502 2305.87367,16.3803334 2455.48134,17.3806334 C2555.2198,18.0475001 2629.51978,33.3807334 2678.38129,63.3803334"/><path class="line fifth" d="M0.381287582,50.4282334 C100.711815,28.2065001 198.37896,17.0956334 293.382723,17.0956334 C435.888367,17.0956334 531.07636,67.2833421 716.990501,71.5221545 C902.904641,75.7609669 1020.95162,46.3806334 1100.3489,46.3806334 C1179.74619,46.3806334 1250.52195,71 1342.00705,71 C1433.49216,71 1503.60201,41.3248334 1597.7261,42.3806334 C1691.8502,43.4364334 1891.84425,89.1938621 2031.7109,89.7993958 C2171.57755,90.4049295 2341.72526,52.2362334 2469.03608,52.2362334 C2553.90996,52.2362334 2624.35836,59.7595397 2680.38129,74.8061523"/><path class="line third" d="M0.381287582,63.3803334 C29.9004627,42.0463503 86.1138292,31.3793587 169.021387,31.3793587 C293.382723,31.3793587 530.433313,103.701906 703.857385,103.731049 C877.281458,103.760193 1001.04857,58.6844334 1102.10823,59.8364334 C1203.1679,60.9884334 1231.04683,71 1322.53193,71 C1414.01704,71 1625.37248,44.1157334 1733.57121,44.1157334 C1841.76995,44.1157334 1984.50341,75.8774804 2102.06815,76.3864611 C2219.6329,76.8954417 2348.05336,31.3793587 2475.36419,31.3793587 C2531.94676,31.3793587 2600.2858,43.232817 2680.38129,66.9397334"/></g></svg>
>> 
>> Is this the same as is in index.html? Can we make it a different file?
> 
> This is the same. If loaded as an external file the animation will only run once. Inline (per Said's recommendation), it will run the animation on every load.

Ok makes sense.
Comment 5 Jon Davis 2019-03-14 10:39:35 PDT
Created attachment 364665 [details]
Patch
Comment 6 Saam Barati 2019-03-14 13:12:44 PDT
Comment on attachment 364665 [details]
Patch

View in context: https://bugs.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=364665&action=review

r=me

> PerformanceTests/JetStream2/JetStreamDriver.js:240
> +            let scoreIds = benchmark.scoreIdentifiers()

style nit: missing semicolon
Comment 7 WebKit Commit Bot 2019-03-14 13:46:11 PDT
Comment on attachment 364665 [details]
Patch

Clearing flags on attachment: 364665

Committed r242961: <https://trac.webkit.org/changeset/242961>
Comment 8 WebKit Commit Bot 2019-03-14 13:46:13 PDT
All reviewed patches have been landed.  Closing bug.
Comment 9 Radar WebKit Bug Importer 2019-03-14 13:47:19 PDT
<rdar://problem/48899904>