Bug 150657

Summary: Air::spillEverything() should try to replace tmps with spill slots without using registers whenever possible
Product: WebKit Reporter: Filip Pizlo <fpizlo>
Component: JavaScriptCoreAssignee: Filip Pizlo <fpizlo>
Status: RESOLVED FIXED    
Severity: Normal CC: barraclough, benjamin, commit-queue, ggaren, mark.lam, mhahnenb, msaboff, nrotem, oliver, ossy, sam, sbarati
Priority: P2    
Version: WebKit Nightly Build   
Hardware: All   
OS: All   
Bug Depends on:    
Bug Blocks: 150279    
Attachments:
Description Flags
the patch ggaren: review+

Description Filip Pizlo 2015-10-28 18:56:30 PDT
This is necessary for lowering patchpoints and stackmaps, where the number of operands may be greater than the number of registers, and we're happy to accept stack slots instead of registers.
Comment 1 Filip Pizlo 2015-10-28 21:48:52 PDT
Created attachment 264298 [details]
the patch
Comment 2 WebKit Commit Bot 2015-10-28 21:50:06 PDT
Attachment 264298 [details] did not pass style-queue:


ERROR: Source/JavaScriptCore/b3/air/AirSpillEverything.cpp:103:  Multi line control clauses should use braces.  [whitespace/braces] [4]
Total errors found: 1 in 8 files


If any of these errors are false positives, please file a bug against check-webkit-style.
Comment 3 Geoffrey Garen 2015-10-29 11:58:58 PDT
Comment on attachment 264298 [details]
the patch

r=me
Comment 4 Filip Pizlo 2015-10-29 12:02:27 PDT
Landed in http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/191742
Comment 5 Csaba Osztrogon√°c 2015-10-29 12:43:14 PDT
(In reply to comment #4)
> Landed in http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/191742

It broke the iOS build.
Comment 6 Filip Pizlo 2015-10-29 15:40:48 PDT
(In reply to comment #5)
> (In reply to comment #4)
> > Landed in http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/191742
> 
> It broke the iOS build.

I fixed it.
Comment 7 Csaba Osztrogon√°c 2015-10-30 03:01:53 PDT
(In reply to comment #6)
> (In reply to comment #5)
> > (In reply to comment #4)
> > > Landed in http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/191742
> > 
> > It broke the iOS build.
> 
> I fixed it.

... in https://trac.webkit.org/changeset/191750

Thanks for the fix.